Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tyrannosaurus Cookie






















At first, I just assumed the outline on the display was misprinted. But then I found tyranno after tyranno with the weird proportions and confusing appendages.

Is that his jaw? His arm? And what about the larger protuberance near his other leg? I am so confused. And of course, the Sur La Table sales person thought I was being a jerk when I asked, "Can you describe this cookie cutter to me?"

Maybe a baker with frosting and imagination could salvage the basic shape into something recognizable. But for me, laymen baker, this tyrannosaurus cookie is simply strange.

What a shame. The king of the dinosaurs deserves much better cookie representation.

2 comments:

  1. interesting that tyrannos would have their own section in any store. was this at william sonoma or what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dino is about to stop something. The little nubbin below his head are his arms, followed by a raised leg and then his other leg... I think.

    ReplyDelete