Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Quilt



One thousand dreams woven together
along their seams of reality and faith.

The loops of joy and punctured flesh
sustained the sloping cotton hills
of pastel memories. And streams of stitching
marinated doubts in sweet strawberry jam.

This balanced cloth, honeycombed
of warming past and cooling present,
was sewn in twilight, between secrets
and truths...and for that, I gave my sight
for its intricate beauty.

It's for you: my blindness and my quilt.
My mollified darkness waits for the ridges
of your fingertips plucked by my eyelashes.
And I can love more warmly that wrinkles
of your wind-cracked face are soft like the grooves of your smile.
Red porcelain whispers on my cheek as white porcelain.

Come beneath what I've made for us:
Darkness for both of us, predicted by the matchmaker of thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment