Monday, August 3, 2009

6 Things I Couldn't Teach my Daughter

I didn't have any sisters growing up, and my mother didn't teach me in-depth details about being a woman. Why would she? And so if I were a single father, I wouldn't be able to teach my daughter:
  1. What exactly Toxic Shock Syndrome is.
  2. If she can flush a tampon, tampon applicator, or sanitary napkin.
  3. How to put on a bra that doesn't clasp in the front.
  4. If she can pee while wearing a tampon.
  5. If PMS feels like not eating and getting grumpy.
  6. How to tell a guy "I love you" without having him take her for granted afterward.

Thank. God. For. Yahoo!. Answers.

1 comment:

  1. In ninth-grade health class, we were required to make a presentation about a medical or health-related issue. I saw Toxic Shock Syndrome on the list and imagined grotesque mutations and nuclear waste seeping from cooling towers. At fourteen this qualifies as "totally badass," and I subsequently chose it as my topic. Needless to say I beat a hasty retreat about 30 seconds into my internet research.

    ReplyDelete