Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Andre-the-Giant Apple

















I don't think this has ever happened to me. Usually, I forget to buy apples, and then when I run out, I spend a few apple-less days regretting my forgetfulness. Thus, having two generations of apples overlap is very rare for me; I guess I had above average foresight this weekend.

But with two apples, one old and one new, I realize they are very different. Look how much bigger the right one is! When I buy fruit at the store, I buy uniformly, but with these apples from different shopping trips...whoa! Softball to baseball. Mastiff to chihuahua. Andre the Giant to Asian woman.

Some of you might poo poo on my awe. They are different breeds of apples, so there are bound to be different sizes. You've never seen differently sized fruits before?

But you know what, naysayers? I don't care. I was so jazzed-up about my discovery that I ate both apples in one sitting! They were so different, and yet, so the same.

I'm so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment