Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Broken-Hearted Banana


















Broken

The world keeps spinning.
People are giving.
I am alone.
And you are on your phone.
How could you keep me back!
Now you go and talk smack!
F*** you!
How dare you!
I loved you!

~By: Jessica Singler





NOTE: Let me clarify that I am not mocking this poet or poem. I wanted a passionate teenager break-up poem to accompany my latest picture of an abandoned banana. After reading many poems on many sites, I tried to write my own, but it didn't have the correct emotion. I wanted a poem birthed by teenage passion and heartache, so I had to borrow upon Jessica's work. I find this poem humorous not in the attempt at poetics but in the vulnerability of teenage love. How love can change with maturity and experience! I read this poem not with a malicious laugh but with a nostalgic chuckle.

Be strong, Jessica. You'll get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment