Friday, April 10, 2009

Relaxation Friday

Nothing momentous happened today. I just studied. I have coined the term "Relaxation Friday" to describe the period of unwinding before my test. The goal of Relaxation Friday is to relax. It is from this state of calm and peace that I hope my most effective and insightful writing will spawn.

My dinner consisted of an elegant California Dreaming Safeway sandwich. My dessert was a delightfully sweet Maple Bar, also from Safeway, and a tall glass of soy milk.












I spent the last waking hours of this Relaxation Friday eating in front of the TV watching old episodes of Frasier. I find my version of Relaxation Friday to be fairly standard--the last two Relaxation Fridays I had in November both consisted of similar foods and activities.

It makes me wonder how other people in the world decompress before a big test or big job interview or just a big day. Everyone has their own version of the "Maple Bar." I wonder what ordinary things in my life are someone's key to relaxation. And that's the great thing about Relaxation Friday: It need not be expensive or grand. It just needs to be relaxing.

It's wonderful in a small way, isn't it? How a $0.47 Maple Bar is worth so much.


T minus 10 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment