Friday, January 8, 2010

Coaching In Field Trips? It Is Curriculum?

My school has started their annual ad campaign to attract new parents. Part of this plan includes dressing up the school so when tours pass through, our mission statement, statistics, and philosophies are posted on well-placed plaques.

And by well-placed plaques, I mean 8.5"x11" paper on a stucco wall near a door that opens outwardly.

I don't need a super chic, snazzy ad campaign, but black and white paper flapping in the wind doesn't exactly scream high-end education. I don't need $1000 ad agency witticisms, but maybe signs that make sense would be a good idea. And shouldn't the un-laminated, outdoor advertisements be put out on Monday, when the open house occurs, rather than the rainy Friday before?

I love my school; I bought a polo designed for a large middle-school girl just so I can rock the school insignia. So the instant I saw these signs, I rushed back into the school to alert my principal tactfully. But sadly, they had already left for the day.

So here I am, cautiously warning you, dear reader, that ad campaigns are devastatingly important. Please proof read. Please bounce ideas off different people. And please, for the love of God, no scotch tape.



No comments:

Post a Comment